‘You gotta look right, sound right, smell right.’
Here are some areas to consider in thinking about your business image:
- Website – up to date, modern, attractive, easy to use, interactive, visual?
- Printed marketing materials – do they say top quality?
- Business cards – ask a few people what first impression they get and you’ll be surprised
- Email signatures/stationary – consistent? Professional?
- Social media – is it being used effectively (i.e. consistently and with purpose) and professionally at all times?
- Personal image – are all staff projecting the same image in the way they dress, behave, speak, carry out their work?
- Building, vehicles – what do others think when they see them? How do they feel when they walk into your space?
- Speaking engagements and networking – for those involved, it’s important to consider both the content of what is being said as well as how it is being said
- (And of course) photos – are ALL the photos in your online and print marketing (this includes head shots going out to media!) showing you and your business in the best way?
It’s really easy to think that others fully understand your business (your products and services, your ethos), because you know it so well yourself. Over the past few months I’ve been working on some major changes to the way our business ‘looks’ in order to reflect the true quality of clients and projects that we take on. This is still a work in progress and I’m excited to get on with it now I’m back from the Christmas break… so watch this space!