How will you be better in 2016?
What better time is there to re-invent yourself? Most of us think about aspects of re-invention at this time of the year, whether it’s finding a healthier way of living, vowing to spend more time with loved ones, or resetting our goals in business.
It’s also the perfect time for anyone in business or a career to redesign their online professional image – their ‘personal brand’. In a flooded market where information is freely available online, having a personal brand strategy is important to direct people’s perceptions of you and help you get the perfect job or succeed in business.
So what are you doing this month to reset, to redirect those perceptions to suit your goals… to create YOU Version 2.0?
Here are some questions that may help you get started:
- What do I want to achieve in work/business this year?
- What do I want people’s impressions to be of my personal brand?
- What are the strong points of my biggest competition’s branding? (E.g. do they have great videos, profile photos, web design, social media strategy, online following?)
- What have my clients/customers/colleagues/followers said they love about my brand?
- What do I perceive as the weak points in my branding? (E.g. out-dated website, not using LinkedIn profile, unclear/mixed messages, poor or non-existent customer reviews)
- Is there in fact any strategic, consistent branding going on and if little or none, do I need help to achieve this?
Spend a little of your January down-time exploring the answers to these questions, seeking feedback on your online image and researching the competition. You will begin to see a plan emerge for YOU 2.0!
Need help getting clear?
Here’s more about the work I do with clients on their personal brand strategy.